Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Some Choice Quotes.

http://www.laughinglibrarian.com/siglibn.htm
Here are some lovely quotes for a librarian to use as an email signature, or if you just want to feel validated.

I particularly appreciate:
"I really didn't realize the librarians were, you know, such a dangerous group. ... You think they're just sitting at the desk, all quiet and everything. They're like plotting the revolution, man. I wouldn't mess with them. You know, they've had their budgets cut. They're paid nothing. Books are falling apart. The libraries are just like the ass end of everything, right?"
Michael Moore
(BuzzFlash interview, 13 March 2002)

Today, at lunch eating tacos with a researcher coworker, I mentioned library school and she perked up. "Oh right, you are a librarian! Then went on to ask me a reference question. "That is so going on your facebook profile!" other coworker Amy said. No, Amy. It is going on my blog.

No comments: